Pubic Symphysis SPD Support Belt Kit
Pubic Symphysis SPD Support Belt Kit
Pubic Symphysis SPD Support Belt Kit for essential support of pelvic hip back during pregnancy and postpartum. Prevent and relieve pain, stabilize the pubic joint and pelvis. Immediate relief includes compression maternity belt, pelvic groin bands, cryotherapy ice pack.
Kit includes Babybellyband Original or Sport Maternity Support Belt (chose one), Compression Therapy Groin Bands, Cryotherapy Ice Gel Pack.
Pubic Symphysis SPD Support Belt Kit
The Pubic Symphysis SPD Support Belt Kit contains
- Babybellyband Original Maternity Belt OR
- Babybellyband SPORT Maternity Belt
- Compression Therapy Groin Bands
- Ultra Hot and Cold Therapy Pack
The Babybellyband Maternity belt with groin bands relieves pelvic pain in pregnancy by supporting and stabilizating the pubic bone, hips, and sacroiliac joint (si joint). Adding -on the compression therapy groin bands helps prevent further separation of the pubic bone and provides excellent support. Wear the Babybellyband low on the hips (see video) to stabilize the pelvic joints, pubic bone, and sacroiliac joint. Add the Compression Therapy Groin Bands by crisscrossing them in front of the pubic bone helps to support and stabilize the pubic symphysis bone separation. This is vital to preventing further separation throughout pregnancy.
What is Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction – SPD (Separation of the Pubic Bone) Yikes!
First of all, you are not alone, pelvic pain in pregnancy occurs in 48-71% of women and pubic bone separation (SPD) occurs in 31% of pregnancies1 ! What happens to cause this? During pregnancy, the hormone Relaxin is released in your body to allow ligaments to stretch (ligaments are the stretchy things that hold bones together). Often the ligaments around your pelvic bone become too loose, creating an unstable pelvic joint and painful sensations or shooting pain in the pubic area and/or sacroiliac (si) joint or lower back. In many cases, this can lead to a gap in the pubic bone, or pubic symphysis dysfunction (SPD). This can cause pain through the pelvis, groin and buttocks. In severe cases of SPD the symphysis pubis may partially or completely rupture. When the gap in the pubic bone increases to more than 10 mm this is known as diastasis of the symphysis pubis. You can do lots of things to help relieve this pain starting with using the Babybellyband Pubic Symphysis Support Kit to support your pubic bones and avoid further separation to occur. Here are a few more tips to identify if you have SPD and how to relieve the pain.
Symptoms of SPD
The symptoms of Pubic Symphysis:
- shooting pain in the pubic bone
- radiating pain into the lower abdomen, back, groin, perineum, thigh, and/or leg
- sharp pain while walking or abducting hips (opening legs)
- discomfort and pain with activities of daily living, including bending forward, standing on one leg, rising from a chair, go up or down stairs, turning in bed
- increased pain during weight-bearing activities (picking up another child, groceries, or lifting objects)
- clicking, snapping or grinding in pelvic area
- sex inter vaginally causes more pain
- pain is relieved during rest
How to heal or treat Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction – SPD:
- Stabilization or Pelvic floor exercises such as pelvic tilts and keigels lead by a trained pelvic floor therapist will help tremendously for those suffering from this pregnancy ailment.
- Manual therapy by a physical therapist or chiropractor. Talk to your doctor about referring you to a PT or chiropractor.
- Maternity belt with Compression Therapy Groin Bands is key to supporting the pelvic bone and holding everything in place for the least amount of pain possible especially while carrying the weight of your baby.
- Ice packs can be used for fifteen minutes at a time on the lower back and sacroiliac joints or on
the symphysis pubis
- Support your belly at night with a pillow to relieve pain
- Sleep with a pillow between the knees
- Take a smaller step when you walk
- Avoid stairs or walk up sideways one step at a time
|Dimensions||12 × 9 × 3 in|
|Maternity Belly Band Sizing|
Small: 0-6 up to 40" waist, Medium; 8-10 up to 45" waist, Large: 12-20 up to 50" waist, XL: 22-24 up to 55" waist, Goddess XXL: up to 65" waist
Baby belly band Original Maternity Support Belt
Babybellyband SPORT Hip Support Belt for Pregnancy and Postpartum
Compression Therapy Groin Bands
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Returns and Exchanges
- You have 30 days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Follow this link for the return authorization form.
- Any manufacturing errors will be fully exchanged at no extra cost with return of original item.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
- Please call or email us if you have any questions or problems at 860-238-7788 or [email protected]
If you would like to exchange or return a product that you bought from us, ship the product to:
210 Holabird Ave, Studio 204
Winsted, CT 06098 USA
Orders within the United States
~Standard First Class Shipping should arrive within 3-6 days via US First Class Mail ~Priority Mail Shipping should arrive within 2-3 BUSINESS days US only- via US Priority Mail.
Cabea, LLC is not responsible for delays by US or Foreign customs. CANADA ORDERS: Priority Mail Shipping (4-6 business days depends on customs and location, tracking available. EUROPEAN ORDERS: Priority Mail shipping ( Some tracking features may not apply depending on country.) or UPS shipping (fully guaranteed tracking and delivery). ALL OTHER INTERNATIONAL COUNTRIES: Priority Mail Shipping. (ARRIVAL TIME 4-10 business days. (length of time depends on customs and location of delivery). Tracking available in some countries only. Thus far we have had 100% delivery rate to international addresses and have not encountered any problem with delivery . UPS shipping (fully guaranteed tracking and delivery).
Babybellyband SPORT Back and Hip Support Belt for Pregnancy and PostpartumBabybellyband SPORT Maternity and Postpartum Support Belt. Excellent for abdominal, hip, back, and hernia support and pain relief. The SPORT belt is made of open-cell foam fabric, lightweight, breathable, antimicrobial which makes this belt perfect for athletes, wound care, or if you live in a hot climate. The Babybellyband SPORT provide secure support and helps stabilize the hips, so you can get back to active! All Add-On products: groin bands and shoulder strap work with the Babybellyband SPORT.
Shoulder Straps / SuspendersBabybellyband® Shoulder Straps provide a boost to the belly taking the pressure off of the pelvis and lower back relieving pain, aches, and stress. Excellent for twins, during exercise or long hours at work. Shoulder straps attach to any of our Maternity Belts (sold separately) and are adjustable to your comfort and support level.
Round Ligament Support Kit for Pregnancy Back and Belly PainFeeling pain on the side of the belly or groin during pregnancy? The Babybellyband Round ligament support Kit relieves and supports your belly and back. Ease pain naturally using Heat Therapy with our safe hot water bottle. Warming allows ligaments to stretch, easing belly and back during the second and third trimester. Kit includes Babybellyband Original or Sport Maternity Belt (chose one), Shoulder Straps, and Hot Water Bottle Heat Therapy
Vulvar Varicosity Support KitBUNDLED KIT for instantly relieving pain caused by varicose veins or edema of the vulva or perineum during pregnancy, postpartum or everyday. For perfect fit, select items separately. Pelvic Wellness or Vulvar Varicosity Support kit includes :
- Babybellyband Original OR Sport band
- Compression therapy groin bands
- Hot and cold gel pack
Ultra Soft Hot and Cold Therapy Packs for CryotherapyHot and Cold Therapy Packs by CABEA flexible, soft nylon fabric, washable. Reusable high quality ice pack. 1 Pack 7.5"x5" Contain gel for soft, flexible maneuvering around affected area of pain or swelling.
Back Pain Support KitThe Back Pain Support Kit supports and relieves back and hip pain during pregnancy and postpartum. Relieve pain naturally! The Back Pain Support Kit comes with:
- Babybellyband Original OR Sport Maternity Belt (choose one)
- Cryotherapy Soft Ice Pack